- Is everyone in the home supportive of being a foster home?
- Will everyone have a role? Who will fill in when the other is not available and are they willing and committed to help?
- Understand that many of these dogs have limited history.
- Are you prepared and willing to help with the dog on learning better basic habits ? Some of these being: house training, crate training, leash manners, learning respect & boundaries or caring for a scared or timid dog.
- What is your current lifestyle/routine?
- What kind of dog do you think will fit in with your home?
- If you have existing pets- are they balanced pets? Are they used to sharing their space/ home with other animals? We do ask and prefer that if your current dogs are not used to or will NOT tolerate other dogs in their space/ home/ yard etc, to not apply. This is for the fairness and safety of all pets.
- If you have children, are they respectful of a dog’s space and understand how to interact with a dog in a respectful manner?
- Are you prepared to 100% supervise, educate and assist where necessary?
If you feel that fostering might be something you can do to help better a pets life, please complete our Foster Application.